What We Are All About

Welcome to "Mothers Who Know!" This blog was inspired by the words of Julie Beck delivered at an LDS General Conference in 2007. There are days when I am running on empty and feeling inadequate at my job as mother, wife, and homemaker. I have been wishing for sometime that there was a place that I could go to pose a question about parenting, mothering, running a household...all the things that make up my little corner of the universe. In searching the web, I haven't found a place like this where I can ask other women about my personal dilemma and have them give me an honest answer based on their life experiences.

What I'm hoping for from this blog is for mothers to help mothers, regardless of age, religious affiliation, political views, and life experiences. I hope to build an online community of women who offer their help to each other for no other reason than to help another mother on her path.

To submit a question, please press the "Contact Us" button at the side of this page. Your question will be posted and the readers of this blog will have the opportunity to comment with their motherly wisdom.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cabin Fever

When the weather is nice, I love to play outside with my kids. A big portion of every day is spent riding bikes, taking walks, playing ball, visiting the park. Now that it’s cold and snowy out, we’re cooped up inside, and I’m truly losing my mind. We do visit indoor play places from time to time, but I still feel couch potato-esque. Anyone have any creative suggestions for staying active indoors?


From,
Shut-in

3 comments:

  1. We're going through the same thing here. I guess it really depends on the age of the child(ren). With Lucy it's easy for me to throw a bunch of pillows on the floor and have an obstacle course. We also do a lot of dancing. We've also bundled up for walks outside, even in the cold...we don't stay out long but it gets us a little exercise, fresh air, and change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a tent with chairs and blankets. Hang out inside them for a while reading books and eating snacks. Jump on beds. Ride bikes in the basement. Play hide and go seek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a cheap parachute like this one. http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?searchParam=LV&pdId=6941&addOn=983&categoryId=&catTree=&clearance=&sid=eas

    Will provide hours of fun for all ages.

    ReplyDelete